apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@apache.org>
Subject Re: HTTP EnableSendfile directive and new mechanics
Date Mon, 14 Oct 2002 18:28:01 GMT
At 12:50 PM 10/14/2002, Jeff Trawick wrote:
>"William A. Rowe, Jr." <wrowe@covalent.net> writes:
>
>> The attached patch introduces the EnableSendfile directive for httpd.  Jeff and
>> I have seen several cases, including NFS shares and so forth, that are not
>> compatible with apr_sendfile.  It works similarly to EnableMMAP but the
>> differences are worth discussing.  {This is why I'm posting and not yet ready
>> to commit.}
>
>looks reasonable to me...
>
>since on Win32 APR actually needs to know if it can be sendfile-ed at
>apr_file_open time, I guess that makes apr_file_t the winner in the
>contest of where to save the fact that Apache doesn't want sendfile to
>be used

Actually ... we could have performed exactly the same magic for MMAP
to make the transition from the per_dir_conf context across to the brigade
dynamics.  This would have eliminated the need to have a bucket flag
to support MMAP, since we already have this handy per-file flags entity
that is passed from the default_handler across to the core_output_filter.

Bill