apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apr/network_io/unix sa_common.c
Date Mon, 14 Oct 2002 00:07:54 GMT
At 06:41 PM 10/13/2002, wrowe@apache.org wrote:
>wrowe       2002/10/13 16:41:50
>
>  Modified:    network_io/unix sa_common.c
>  Log:
>    Make the code legible.  Now note the OS2 discrepancy in handling h_errno
>    between the gethostbyname and gethostbyaddr calls.

Jeff, I hope the new changes are more palatable.

A few things still bug me... first that OS2 discrepancy, but I'm sure
that will be fixed soon.

Second, you can't use h_errno in the SYSERR space.  Why?  Because
NETDB_INTERNAL is a -1 value (on BSD 4.6) that we aren't picking up,
and it won't fall into the SYSERR numeric range.

Seems that h_errno values either:

 1. need to be mapped to their errno equivalents (and grab the real
      errno for NETDB_INTERNAL errors), or...

 2. need their very own space, just like EAI.

But I'd really rather we remapped EAI and r_errno values into the errno
space with appropriate values.

Bill