apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apr/include apr_errno.h
Date Sun, 13 Oct 2002 17:59:11 GMT
Jeff...

  I finally see that h_errno values don't map to the errno domain,
and that only

[HOST_NOT_FOUND]
[NO_DATA]
[NO_RECOVERY]
[TRY_AGAIN]

are supported.  Yes you are right on h_errno... that should be totally
internal to the use of fns.

However, I'm increasingly concerned that we need appropriate result
APR_STATUS_IS_Efoo() tests (to the caller of APR) for the results
of the network host db functions whenever we use endhostent,
gethostbyaddr, gethostbyname, gethostent, and sethostent.  That
probably means mapping them into typical APR_Efoo() errors, since
the caller isn't allowed to look at errno (it's not a defined result of
any apr_ calls.)

I'm cleaning up the changes now and will come back with the right
code for h_errno stuff.

Bill