apr-dev mailing list archives

From Randall Stewart <rand...@stewart.chicago.il.us>
Subject Re: add additional parm for protocol to apr_socket_create() before 1.0?
Date Thu, 17 Oct 2002 15:39:50 GMT
Jeff Trawick wrote:

> I'm +1 to this sequence too (though I wasn't unhappy about breaking
> the API now).
>
> What I intend to do later today:
>
> . minimally tweak the appropriate portions of Mr. Stewart's patch to
>   add apr_socket_create_ex() to APR
>
> . update STATUS to indicate that apr_socket_create_ex() API must be
>   deleted and apr_socket_create() API must be changed (new parm)
>   before APR hits 1.0

Jeff:

I just sent out another patch.. that does the _ex thing... I did
call it  apr_socket_create_protocol() .. sorry about that.. it seem
to sound better...

All the rest of the changes should be good.. just need to go
and change the _protocol to a _ex...

Let me know if I can help.. oh.. and your more than welcome
to call me Randall or Randy... Mr. Stewart sounds so formal :>

Randall R. Stewart
randall@stewart.chicago.il.us 815-342-5222 (cell phone)