apr-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Bannert <aa...@clove.org>
Subject Re: Compiling the APR testsuite on Windows
Date Wed, 23 Oct 2002 07:33:52 GMT
On Tue, Oct 22, 2002 at 11:02:50PM -0400, Ryan Bloom wrote:
> > Hmm... I haven't looked at the new test stuff, but I wonder how it's
> > going to deal with the testshm* tests, since those tests depend on
> > fork() and exec() to work.
> Those test will be re-written when I get to them, so that they are
> cross-platform.  The tests for external APIs are not very useful if they
> aren't portable.

Well, there are two issues here:

1) Anonymous shared memory requires fork() and exec() (at this time).

2) Shared Memory implies a minimum of two processes. If the
   test program is all one program, how will we prove that multiple
   different programs are able to attach to the same segment?

View raw message