apr-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: apr_table_overlap and pool ancestor assumption
Date Tue, 17 Sep 2002 11:40:48 GMT
Brian Pane <brian.pane@cnet.com> writes:

> The worst thing that should happen in that scenario is a storage leak.
> If you can isolate a test case that triggers the problem, please let
> me know and I'll work on debugging it.

Thanks.  The next step I'll take is to look for a thread safety issue
with multiple threads doing an overlap using the same table for table
b.  If that doesn't explain the mangling and subsequent segfault, then
I'll build a testcase with the same tables and see if I can make the
overlap segfault.

I changed the module to do an overlay operation and the storage leak
and segfault are gone, but I hate not knowing what caused the
segfault.

--
Jeff Trawick | trawick@attglobal.net
Born in Roswell... married an alien...