apr-dev mailing list archives

From John K. Sterling <j...@sterls.com>
Subject Re: E-Kabong resolution: Re: acceptance of El-Kabong into APR
Date Thu, 12 Sep 2002 01:52:56 GMT

On Wednesday, September 11, 2002, at 04:55 PM, Jon Travis wrote:

> Jeff,
>
> I cc'd the dev@ lists, since the original proposition was made there,
> and the public following the discussion should know the resolution.
>
> My comments at the end.

to Rasmus' point - maybe the group should have just said 'no' instead
of trying to justify it (and not QUITE to  greg's point, IMHO all
emails from the apache group that declare a decision should be to a
public list)..

I am generally a blind supporter of the apache group - I have a lot of
respect for many members and contributors.  But I am surprised by the
group in this case.  Jon Travis has been submitting critical patches
for a few years (I believe it was one of his patches that provided MPM
querying a couple of years ago).  He has been involved far longer, and
has far better public qualifications than many of the folks who already
have commit access.  To look at a this piece of code (on top of all of
the apache/apr submissions over the years) and say he hasn't proven
himself is a ridiculous thing to say.....  is this all over the title
of a proposed apachecon talk (why apache sukks)?  or some other
personal vendettas?

just thought that needed to be said.

sterling