apr-dev mailing list archives

From Garrett Rooney <roo...@electricjellyfish.net>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Create apr-build repository
Date Fri, 13 Sep 2002 17:47:38 GMT
David Reid wrote:
> Not sure I like this. Shouldn't the other project just use the apr files
> rather than copying their own versions?
>
> More context please...

if the projects use the apr files, then you end up with the situation
that apr-util is in now, where one cannot actually build apr-util
separately from apr.  even if apr is installed on the system already,
you actually have to have the apr directory tree sitting next to the
apr-util directory tree or you can't even run configure.

since apr-util is supposed to be a separate project, this seems like a
pretty bad situation to me.  it would be one thing if apr installed the
files on the system, where the build process of the other projects could
  find and use it, but requiring you to actually have the source tree
there seems a bit much.

-garrett