apr-dev mailing list archives

From jean-frederic clere <jfrederic.cl...@fujitsu-siemens.com>
Subject Re: APR libtool problems (Solaris)
Date Wed, 04 Sep 2002 13:49:09 GMT
Clere, Jean-Frederic wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a gcc configured to use a native ld.
> I am making in httpd-2.0:
> LD=gnuld \
> CC=gcc \
> . configure
>
> The configure of the APR detects the ld used by gcc (native ld) but
> accepts my choice: gnu ld and configure libtool for gnu ld.
> The problem is that gcc calls the native ld and not the gnuld and the
> build of Apache failed.
>
> The gcc faq tells:
> +++
> GCC searches the PATH for an assembler and a loader, but it only does so
> after searching a directory list hard-coded in the GCC executables.
> +++
>
> So the user choice is only valid if the ld return by 'gcc
> -print-prog-name=ld' is not valid (not installed for example).
>
> Any comments?

Another point would be to solve the things like:
+++
+ /export/home2/apache20/apache20/bin/apachectl start
Syntax error on line 246 of /export/home2/apache20/apache20/conf/httpd.conf:
Cannot load /export/home2/apache20/apache20/modules/mod_status.so into server:
ld.so.1: /export/home2/apache20/apache20/bin/httpd: fatal: relocation error:
file /export/home2/apache20/apache20/modules/mod_status.so: symbol __floatdisf:
referenced symbol not found
+++
By dectecting gcc + native ld and adding `gcc -print-libgcc-file-name` to LDFLAGS.

My machine says:
+++
bash-2.03$ gcc -print-libgcc-file-name
/opt/SMAWPlus/lib/gcc-lib/sparc-sun-solaris2.8/3.0.4/libgcc.a
+++