apr-dev mailing list archives

From Thom May <t...@planetarytramp.net>
Subject Re: Disabling the uid/gid setting of SysV shared memory
Date Mon, 23 Sep 2002 14:45:51 GMT
* Cliff Woolley (jwoolley@virginia.edu) wrote :
> On Mon, 23 Sep 2002, Jim Jagielski wrote:
>
> > is intrinsicly non-threadsafe (via a static or global state var)
> > or one that requires a change to the apr_shm_create argument list.
> > Neither one sits well. I'd prefer it staying runtime rather than
> > compile-time. Ideas?
>
> How about apr_shm_create_ex()?  That would be consistent with many other
> things in APR, whereby there's a "simple version" that has some (possibly
> undesirable) default behavior, and an "extra args" version that gives the
> user-code more control.
Sounds good here.
+1

-Thom

--
Thom May -> thom@planetarytramp.net

<aj> *sigh* you'd think a distribution composed of 6000
packages distributed across 13 different architectures (in various stages
between pre-alpha and release quality), maintained by 700 amateurs with often
conflicting goals who're globally distributed and have rarely met each other
-- you'd think a distribution like that would be simpler...