apr-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Bannert <aa...@clove.org>
Subject Re: Apache directives controlling APR behavior
Date Sat, 21 Sep 2002 18:35:33 GMT
On Sat, Sep 21, 2002 at 11:32:30AM -0700, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 21, 2002 at 02:23:38PM -0400, Jim Jagielski wrote:
> > How would people say would be the best way to port the ShmemUIDisUser
> > code from 1.3 to 2.0/APR... Should I use a simple global var or wrap
> > that in some sort of apr_set_sysv_uid(...)/apr_get_sysv_uid() pair
> > which allows the state to be function oriented rather than variable
> > oriented. I'm leaning towards an apr_whatever global, since that's
> > what we seem to be doing, but I *hate* blurring those lines.
>
> +1 apr_{get|set}_sysv_{uid|gid}.
> -0 on global vars that httpd would tickle.  Ick.  -- justin

Ooh, that's a tough one. On the one hand, setters and getters for
uid/gid won't really be portable to systems that don't have the concept
of uid/gid. OTOH, I don't see any better way to do it (and I don't
like the idea of global vars).

+1 for apr_get_sysv_uid() (might I suggest having _set() on the end?)

-aaron