apr-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Bannert <aa...@clove.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apr-util CHANGES apu-config.in
Date Thu, 19 Sep 2002 18:09:01 GMT
On Wed, Sep 18, 2002 at 11:31:46PM -0700, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 18, 2002 at 11:23:48PM -0700, Aaron Bannert wrote:
> > On Thu, Sep 19, 2002 at 05:33:18AM -0000, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> > > jerenkrantz    2002/09/18 22:33:18
> > >
> > >   Modified:    .        CHANGES apu-config.in
> > >   Log:
> > >   Add --bindir option to apu-config so that users of APR-util have an idea
> > >   where apu-config will end up so that they can do later queries after
> > >   apu-config is installed.
> >
> > This doesn't make sense. Isn't apu-config only supposed to be used
> > after it's been installed?
>
> No, apu-config can be used when it hasn't been installed.  Think
> about how httpd calls it.  -- justin

As I said when apr-config and apu-config were created, it should ONLY
be used from an independently installed APR or APR-UTIL.

We need to move away from the old way of doing things, like in httpd
or flood where apr and apr-util are bundled with the source. APR
and APR-UTIL should be independently installed on the system. Supporting
both systems is going to be horribly confusing (is this "pre install" or
"post install")...

-aaron