apr-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: compile/link of apr based programs
Date Tue, 17 Sep 2002 18:14:29 GMT
On Tue, Sep 17, 2002 at 10:19:38AM -0700, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 17, 2002 at 10:10:18AM -0700, Doug MacEachern wrote:
> > i'm seeing bits-n-pieces of what the current "proper" way of compiling and
> > linking an apr based program is.  would be very helpful to see the
> > complete steps given the simple program below.  or is it already
> > documented somewhere?
>
> You need to use apu-config.  -- justin

To clarify: you *also* need to use apu-config.

apr-config for the APR lib and its dependents.
apu-config for the APRUTIL lib and its dependents (except for libapr)

I'm not sure we have a solid rationale for excluding APR. It would certainly
avoid lib duplication, say if apr-iconv and apr-util and apr-FOO all brought
in libapr references.

Cheers,
-g

--