apr-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Create apr-build repository
Date Fri, 13 Sep 2002 17:45:18 GMT
On Fri, Sep 13, 2002 at 06:44:19PM +0100, David Reid wrote:
> Not sure I like this. Shouldn't the other project just use the apr files
> rather than copying their own versions?

Nope, that's the problem!  apr-util needs to be able to build on its
own rather than relying upon apr being in ../apr.

As Garrett pointed out, the apr-util release is a dud packaging-wise,
because ../apr isn't available at configure-time.

So, these projects *must* have their own local copies of these
particular files.  -- justin