apr-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@apache.org>
Subject [PROPOSAL] Create apr-build repository
Date Fri, 13 Sep 2002 17:36:31 GMT
Since we have a lot of files within APR that we want to share across
other projects to help support the build system, I think we should
create an apr-build repository that contains these files so that
other projects can check out these projects and have one unified
version of these files rather than copying them over from APR and
potentially getting them out-of-sync.

Namely the files we would start with would be:

apr-build/
  autoconf/
    PrintPath
    apr_common.m4
    config.guess
    config.sub
    find_apr.m4	(ambivalent about being in here, but perhaps)
    get-version.sh
    install.sh
    rules.mk.in	(perhaps, but I'm not sure)
  aplibtool/
    aplibtool.c

This may also provide a proper resting place for my jlibtool.c
(which as Fred points out needs autoconf scripts of its own to
properly detect the OS).

I think we could rely on CVS modules to autocheckout the files,
but I'm not exactly clear how that would work.

Thoughts?  -- justin