apr-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@apache.org>
Subject Sun forte compiler warnings
Date Fri, 13 Sep 2002 08:16:48 GMT
I tried compiling apr/apr-util with Sun's forte and two files in
the repository are a bit troublesome and may need some thought as
to how to fix them so that we don't emit warnings.

- apr/shmem/unix/shm.c - lots of code fragments result in unreachable
  code because we use #ifdef's and then after all the #ifdef's we
  return APR_ENOTIMPL.  Therefore, this results in the final return
  being unreachable (all code paths return before we hit the final
  APR_ENOTIMPL).  We really should be able to catch this not-impl
  case at pre-processor time, but some of the conditions are really
  convoluted.

- apr-util/ldap/apr_ldap_compat.c - On machines with LDAPv3 libraries,
  this file essentially becomes a no-op which causes forte to return
  'empty translation unit.'  Eek.

Thoughts?  -- justin