apr-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apr-util/include apu_version.h
Date Thu, 12 Sep 2002 01:25:02 GMT
On Wed, Sep 11, 2002 at 09:14:37PM -0400, Garrett Rooney wrote:
> one question though.  when i download the apr-util-0.9.1.tar.gz tarball
> and untar it, the configure script errors out.  it's trying to find
> install-sh or install.sh in ../apr/build, but it can't find it, since
> while i do happen to have the apr-0.9.1 tarball untarred in the same
> directory, it is in a directory named apr-0.9.1, not apr.

Now you know why we needed to go through the mechanics of a
release.  =)

The fix, of course, is to extract stuff to apr and apr-util
(no version numbers and in parallel).

> adding --with-apr=../apr-0.9.1 does not seem to help.

It has to do with autoconf hardcoding the apr path in configure
via AC_CONFIG_AUX_DIR(../apr/build) in configure.in.

What we may need to do is to create an apr-build module that
allows us to store the config.guess/config.sub/install.sh/mkdir.sh
files that we can force all projects to check out locally rather
than having their own local (potentially stale) copy.

Thoughts?  But, somehow APR-util needs its own local copy of these
files, but I'd rather see us consolidate them somehow.  -- justin