apr-dev mailing list archives

From Pier Fumagalli <p...@betaversion.org>
Subject Re: library versioning name
Date Fri, 20 Sep 2002 09:26:48 GMT
On Thursday, September 19, 2002, at 10:53 PM, Wilfredo Sanchez wrote:

>   Pier, frameworks do provide the right information for all versions,
> but there is no compiler flag in OS X to build and link against an old
> version, which is moderately lame.  I do think it would be swell if
> the GNU folks could be convinced to add something like -framework to
> standard gcc, though it could probably use some improvement over the
> current model in Darwin.

Ok, now I'm going against the master :-)

Linking to JDK 1.3.1 (the default)...

cc \
	-L/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Libraries \
	-I/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Headers \
	-ljvm .....

Against 1.4

cc \
	-L/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.4.0/Libraries
\
	-I/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.4.0/Headers \
	-ljvm .....

Ok, I can't specify -version , but it is trivial enough! :-)

	Pier