apr-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Pane <bri...@apache.org>
Subject Re: pcre in aprutil
Date Wed, 18 Sep 2002 16:13:04 GMT
On Wed, 2002-09-18 at 04:00, jean-frederic clere wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We would like to use the pcre of httpd-2.0/srclib/pcre in mod_jk2 (Jakarta-Tomcat).
>
> I think there are no reason to have pcre in httpd-2.0 so I would like to move
> pcre to apr-util.
>
> Any comments?

I don't have any objection to this, but one caveat: the httpd-2.0 copy
of pcre has at least one local change that the httpd depends on (the
patch has been submitted to the pcre maintainer but there hasn't been
a new pcre release since then, so the change exists only in the Apache
tree).  So if you move pcre, please make sure to use the same version
that's in the httpd-2.0 tree.

The details are here:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=apache-cvs&m=101670841014664&w=2

Thanks,