apr-dev mailing list archives

From Kean Johnston <...@caldera.com>
Subject What if a system already has expat?
Date Sun, 22 Sep 2002 22:40:25 GMT
Hi,

Shouldn't APU's configure allow the user to use their own
local copy of expat? Quite a few systems already distribute
it with the OS (most Linuxes, the BSD variants and some
SCO products, that I know of). These are also usually modern
up to date versions too. So is there any reason why APU
should compile its own version? If not, I can twiddle
things in configure.in to allow a --with-system-expat or
some such option.

Similarily, if the system has OpenSSH with its crypto library,
wouldn't it be nice if APU's crypto stuff acted as a simple
wrapper?

Kean