apr-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: El-Kabong -- HTML Parser
Date Tue, 27 Aug 2002 19:23:12 GMT
At 7:38 PM +0200 8/27/02, Dirk-Willem van Gulik wrote:
>On Tue, 27 Aug 2002, Jim Jagielski wrote:
>
>> Aaron Bannert wrote:

>> > The functionality provided by el-kabong seems like a good fit within APR.
>> > I think it would be fine if el-kabong became a new subproject of APR.
>
>> Personally, I think it's very cool that E-K is being folded into the
>> ASF. I think the httpd project is a better fit however, simply
>> because APR should be protocol ignorant.
>
>What community of developers within the ASF, within the httpd project,
>needs this functionality today ?
>
>Or what viable external community is likely to be behind it at some point
>- or is very likely (say just as likely as expat :-) or regex to need it
>in the very near future ?

All good questions. But if there's anything thats obvious is that
ASF tools and goodies have a tendency to become used in a widespread
fashion. Certainly having such a parser available may be useful for
various 3rd party modules to use? Maybe the existing code could be
further extended in other ways? I'm willing to say at this stage,
let's take a look.