apr-dev mailing list archives

From Cliff Woolley <jwool...@virginia.edu>
Subject Re: A question about rings.
Date Wed, 28 Aug 2002 07:09:50 GMT
On Tue, 27 Aug 2002, Gregory (Grisha) Trubetskoy wrote:

> I guess I am just having a difficult time picturing a scenario where
> elements are on multiple rings but must share the same head. I suppose
> there is a small gain in not having to allocate a head structure per
> ring...

You can get into tricky scenarios where you might want interlocking rings
or something like that.  It would become then important to know which of
the sentinels you'd reached.  If that makes sense.  Anyway, I'm kind of
reaching at this point because I have yet to see an actual use case for
this.  I'm sure there is one out there somewhere.

Tony?  Maybe you can shed some more light on this.

--Cliff