apr-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan Bloom <...@ntrnet.net>
Subject Re: El-Kabong -- HTML Parser
Date Tue, 27 Aug 2002 19:33:21 GMT
On Tue, 27 Aug 2002, Greg Stein wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 27, 2002 at 10:15:38AM -0700, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> > To me, APR is only about raw system-level portability - not about
> > producing portable libraries.  I'm confused how that got distorted
> > the way it has.  -- justin
>
> It didn't get "distorted" as it never has the limitation that you ascribe to
> it.

It did so.  Please go back and review the original discussions about the
scope of the project.  The text on the web site was the mission statement
that the PMC decided upon.  If we want to change that fine, but let's have
that discussion please.  Right now, people are changing the mission
without ever discussing it on-list.

Ryan

550 Jean St
Oakland CA 94610