apr-dev mailing list archives

From Dale Ghent <da...@elemental.org>
Subject Re: Patch to enable large file support in APR
Date Mon, 19 Aug 2002 18:38:22 GMT
On Mon, 19 Aug 2002, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:

| This is generally good, but what would be *really* nice is that
| if we can add some logic to apr_hints.m4 so that Linux does not
| use largefiles unless --enable-largefile is explicitly passed.
| The reason for that is Linux disables sendfile() when largefile
| support is activated.

It's good that we have people around that know their respective OSes :)

I'll work on that. Can anyone else think of additional caveats that are
similar for other OSes ?

Also, should I add a "-D APR_HAS_LARGEFILES" flag to the APR features
listing? I think that would be useful on at least an informational basis.
A admin/developer might want largefiles for his/her app, but not think or
know to 'nm libapr.so | grep 64$' to find out if it's ragu.

/dale