apr-dev mailing list archives

From "Rob Saccoccio" <r...@fastcgi.com>
Subject apr_pollset API
Date Tue, 06 Aug 2002 01:42:23 GMT
The pollset API seems to be missing something...

  create a pollset with size 100
  add 50 descriptors
  call poll()

If poll returns with 20 descriptors ready, I can't traverse the 20 ready
descriptors because they're scattered over an array of 50.

This means I have to traverse the whole 100 (which is not a part of the
API's contract) or keep track of how many I've added outside of the pollset.

Of course there are a number of ways of dealing with this, but given that
I'm going to have to traverse the 50 anyway, shouldn't apr_pollset_poll()
just return 50 for "num" instead of the number of ready descriptors?

--rob