apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apr-site versioning.html
Date Thu, 15 Aug 2002 20:24:18 GMT
At 06:15 PM 8/13/2002, rbb@apache.org wrote:
>The time formatting features are for apr_time_t, and should require
>microseconds.  If you want to use time formatting functions for seconds,
>then you have to use the ANSI standard functions.  Essentially, using a
>time_t in an apr_time_t function just won't work, and it shouldn't
>work.  As for the file stat fields, just move those to time_t instead of
>apr_time_t, and the problem goes away too.

I'm strongly against lossy time formats for apr_finfo_t.

-1 for going to seconds in mtime/ctime/atime.  Unless we really go nutz
and turn them into sec/usec tm values.  [Ick.]

Ultimately, we must be able to roundtrip from a stat() into a utime()
style call without loosing the old value... at least down to the usec.
Many systems will track file times down to the msec, at a minimum.

View raw message