apr-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Pane <bri...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Versioning before time please
Date Tue, 13 Aug 2002 21:53:16 GMT
Justin Erenkrantz wrote:

>On Tue, Aug 13, 2002 at 03:10:14PM -0400, Jim Jagielski wrote:
>

>>Uh oh. Looks like we'll be hashing this out again :)
>>

>Which is exactly why we should table the time discussion until
>we have a versioning system *enforced*.

I must object.  The performance problems in the time code translate
into increased capital costs for httpd users who want to use 2.0.
I simply can't rationalize delaying a time fix just to add versioning.
Versioning is a valid feature enhancement, but we shouldn't be putting
feature enhancements in the critical path of the time fix.

Brian