apr-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: 0.9.0 release
Date Thu, 29 Aug 2002 17:53:14 GMT
On Wed, Aug 28, 2002 at 09:22:34PM -0400, Garrett Rooney wrote:
> On Wednesday, August 28, 2002, at 09:16 PM, Greg Stein wrote:
> > I've uploaded a site structure to http://www.apache.org/dist/apr/ and
> > also
> > uploaded some 0.9.0 source tarballs/zipballs. (signed, blah blah)
> >
> > Since this is our first "formalized" release, could somebody at least
> > take a
> > look around and make any tweaks or suggestions? Before putting an
> > announcement at Freshmeat or announce@apache.org or whatever, it would
> > be
> > nice to at least get some validation of our release management setup.
> >
> > IOW, it looks fine to me, but I don't trust it yet :-)
>
> No apr-util tarball to go with it?

Nope. We're still "testing the waters", if you will. apr-util still needs
some work to get its versioning support in there, along with the relevant
build changes.

> The FreeBSD port of apr includes apr-util (because you need apr to
> build apr-util anyway, and i needed apr-util for subversion), and it
> would be nice to have a matching 0.9.0 tarball, rather than having to
> pick some random snapshot...

Snapshot for now, sorry. We'll get an apr-util release soon. I'd like it
for all the same reasons as an APR release.

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/