apr-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@apache.org>
Subject Re: El-Kabong -- HTML Parser
Date Tue, 27 Aug 2002 17:15:38 GMT
On Tue, Aug 27, 2002 at 09:58:25AM -0700, Aaron Bannert wrote:
> I don't understand. Is there something in httpd that would need el-kabong?
> Flood could definately use it, but I really don't want to make flood
> dependent on both httpd and APR, especially when flood is a _client_
> and the httpd _server_ project is a server. HTML is more general than
> server-side HTTP, IMHO.

Umm, I think Jon just meant that it belongs as a subproject of
httpd.  I agree with that - it doesn't belong in APR.  And, yes,
I believe that httpd-2.0 can use el-kabong (much in the manner
that Daniel described).

Yes, I extend the focus of httpd to include clients as well.
flood's there.  So should serf and (possibly) el-kabong.

To me, APR is only about raw system-level portability - not about
producing portable libraries.  I'm confused how that got distorted
the way it has.  -- justin