apr-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: python bindings
Date Thu, 22 Aug 2002 18:10:57 GMT
On Thu, Aug 22, 2002 at 11:47:55AM -0500, Jon Trowbridge wrote:
> On Thu, 2002-08-22 at 11:29, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> > In short, it'd be possible for a layout to have apr-0 as the
> > library name, but it isn't the default.

But it will return to the default. Since APR is primarily a library, we need
to support multiple installs as the *default* case.

> > Hint: SVN should be picking this up by via apr-config.

Absolutely.

> Yeah, part of the problem is that the bindings build isn't really
> integrated with the 'normal' build.  Things like library names are
> hard-coded into setup.py, which seems fairly sub-optimal.

There is a lot of crap in there which is hard-coded :-(

I've been thinking lately to simply punt distutils. We can use some Python
helper scripts to grab info from distutils (e.g. where to find libraries and
headers and stuff), but to otherwise build the extensions ourselves.

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/