apr-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Patch to enable large file support in APR
Date Mon, 19 Aug 2002 07:37:59 GMT
On Tue, Aug 13, 2002 at 06:26:03PM -0400, Dale Ghent wrote:

> The following patch and file allows for the detection and use of POSIX
> large file implentations that exist in most modern OSes.

This is generally good, but what would be *really* nice is that
if we can add some logic to apr_hints.m4 so that Linux does not
use largefiles unless --enable-largefile is explicitly passed.
The reason for that is Linux disables sendfile() when largefile
support is activated.

If you have any questions on how to do this, ask.  =) -- justin