apr-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apr/test Makefile.in
Date Wed, 14 Aug 2002 20:06:19 GMT
On Wed, Aug 14, 2002 at 10:53:29AM -0700, Brian Pane wrote:
> Greg Stein wrote:
> >[ note: I also plan to shift the includes into INCLUDEDIR/apr-1/* ]
> Will it be INCLUDEDIR/apr-0/* until APR reaches 1.0?

Yes. Although, strictly speaking, I'm ambivalent on using "-1" (instead of
"-0") for the library and the include directory during the pre-1.0 releases.

[ I'd say that I'm -0 because we could break the API between now and the 1.0
  release ]

The intent is that applications do the following:

  $ gcc `apr-config --includes` ...

And in their C code:

  #include <apr_strings.h>

The --includes switch will return: -I/usr/include/apr-0

Applications that want to get smarter can manually include specific
revisions if they wish (although if you have multiple APR's installed, then
you just use the right apr-config to get the right --includes result).

Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/

View raw message