apr-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apr-site versioning.html
Date Tue, 13 Aug 2002 21:12:36 GMT
On Tue, Aug 13, 2002 at 03:25:49PM -0400, Ryan Bloom wrote:
> Dude, settled how?????  We have run-time versioning, Greg committed it a
> long time ago, and it is being used by APR and Subversion.

Nope.  There isn't a way to enforce it.  apr_initialize needs to
take in the expected MAJOR/MINOR number and return an error if we
don't satisfy it.  (Of course, the app could ignore the error, but
that isn't our problem.)

What we have now doesn't work and APR and SVN don't use what is in
misc/unix/version.c (i.e. apr_version).  -- justin