apr-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Bannert <aa...@clove.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apr-site versioning.html
Date Tue, 13 Aug 2002 18:29:09 GMT
> > Can we plan on doing this for 1.1 once we have the versioning in
> > place and a solid release?
>
> As long as we remain transparent. If not, then we should do it
> right in 1.0 (IMO).

My main concern is that if we go down that path now then it may be a
long time before we become stable again, and it will take time for our
dependent projects to sync up too. It seems that we are at a point that
we could call stable now, and if we want to redo the time interfaces
at some later date we can do so on our own schedule, and call it 1.1
or 2.0 depending on what it takes to change it and how it fits with our
versioning rules.

-aaron