apr-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: status (?) of current iconv breakage
Date Wed, 24 Jul 2002 12:37:13 GMT
I should have clarified that these were build problems, not functional
problems.

Jeff Trawick <trawick@attglobal.net> writes:

> 1) APRUTIL_EXPORT_LIBS not used in Apache, so httpd won't load on some
>    platforms

no, this wasn't a valid analysis...  before and after the iconv move
we are adding -liconv to apache links...

I think it is that -liconv is not added to link of libaprutil.la...  a
checkout from some days back shows that we used to add -liconv on the
link of libapr.la (where we used iconv), so getting those libraries
added on the link of libaprutil.la should make apr-util apps work on
aix and tru64 and whatever else...

> 2) apr_iconv_inbuf_const hints from apr_hints.m4 not migrated (to
>    where?)

fixed

> 3) APU_CHECK_ICONV_INBUF not working
>
>    config.log shows that a warning is generated from the test compile
>    but it does not set apu_iconv_inbuf_const on my RH-6.2/glibc-2.1.3
>    box
>
>    This seems to be because $GCC is not set in the apr-util so the
>    APR_TRY_COMPILE_NO_WARNING can't work when using gcc.

I don't have a plan for how to fix this at the moment.

--
Jeff Trawick | trawick@attglobal.net
Born in Roswell... married an alien...