apr-dev mailing list archives

From Sascha Schumann <sas...@apache.org>
Subject RE: [Request for comments] new poll API
Date Mon, 29 Jul 2002 12:39:33 GMT
> Hummm..... I was thinking we would create an entirely new set of APR calls
> to encapsulate an event drivent network i/o interface (/dev/poll,
> KQEnqueue/KQDequeue, IOCompletion ports, etc.). I'll try to work up an API
> this week.

    Here are some resources which you might consider during the
    creation of a new API.

    lists some existing event-driven engines, including a C++
    implementation by Dan Kegel.

    The architecture is supposed to handle level/state triggered
    event systems.  It is still in the design phase, although
    working code exists in the undernet ircd server.

    Thttpd has its own events abstraction, including (recurring)
    timers and socket readiness (kqueue, poll, select).

    - Sascha

View raw message