apr-dev mailing list archives

From Cliff Woolley <jwool...@virginia.edu>
Subject Re: interval times Re: watch out for thread_cond_timedwait problems
Date Tue, 02 Jul 2002 18:31:03 GMT
On Tue, 2 Jul 2002, Aaron Bannert wrote:

> I'm not really comfortable doing a change like this without changing
> the name for apr_time_t. If we are going to change the semantics
> we need to create a new identifier.

AFAIK, changing the name has been part of the plan all along.  I was under
the impression that Brian was just doing the preliminary legwork.

That said, apr_time_t (whatever it ends up being called) being binary
usecs means that apr_interval_time_t (whatever it ends up being called)
*must* also be binary usecs.

apr_interval_time_t is defined as "the difference between two apr_time_t's".

If somebody wants to pass a value to a syscall, that's not the purpose of
apr_interval_time_t.  Besides, I'd think those values would often be in
seconds and not microseconds anyway, no?

--Cliff