apr-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan Bloom <...@ntrnet.net>
Subject RE: more notes on the apr_time_t issue
Date Mon, 15 Jul 2002 03:09:53 GMT
On Sun, 14 Jul 2002, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

> At 09:54 PM 7/14/2002, Ryan Bloom wrote:
> >The macros are no faster than the constant.  The implementation is
> >faster.  Completely different.
>
> This statement really confused me.  Please explain.

You made the statement that the macros were considerably faster than the
current scalar.  That isn't true.  The macros that are currently
implemented are equivalant to the constant scalar.  The new macros that
implement things in binary time are faster than the current scalar, but
that has nothing to do with whether it is macro-ized or not, it is all
about the implementation.

Ryan

550 Jean St
Oakland CA 94610