apr-dev mailing list archives

From Karl Fogel <kfo...@newton.ch.collab.net>
Subject EINVAL vs APR_EINVAL in apr_xlate_open()
Date Thu, 18 Jul 2002 21:20:58 GMT
Is there any reason to prefer EINVAL to APR_EINVAL, or vice versa, in
apr_xlate_open()?  I was just about to go document this case in
apr-util/include/apr_xlate.h, when the question occurred to me...

   apr-util/xlate/xlate.c
   revision 1.4
   date: 2002/07/18 00:12:13;  author: gstein;  state: Exp;  lines: +19 -4

   Fix some error handling for platforms with a broken iconv(). In
   certain cases, iconv will return -1 to indicate an error, but it won't
   set the errno variable. Return EINVAL in these cases.

Thanks,
-K