apr-dev mailing list archives

From Harrie Hazewinkel <har...@mod-snmp.com>
Subject Re: AF_UNIX sockets in APR...
Date Wed, 31 Jul 2002 09:45:41 GMT

--On Wednesday, July 31, 2002 10:18 AM +0100 David Reid
<dreid@jetnet.co.uk> wrote:
> What's next? Given that we seem to be adding this because "it's easy on
> unix" do we now have to start adding all the windows features we like? Oh
> no, we're mainly unix folks aren't we? Sorry, but comments like this make
> me verge more on the -1 than -0...

Hmm, maybe some features of windows are worth adding. Not that I can
think of it. I don't even have a windows system.

> APR does not exist to scratch everyones individual itch. Sorry Pier.

Hmm, I have seen over the past that I also had some 'individual
itch' as you express it. Some of them were after a long time even
added since the more core Apache folks needed them or they simply
did not like to original idea which later changed.

Harrie

Internet Management Consulting
mailto:harrie@mod-snmp.com                http ://www.mod-snmp.com/
Author of MOD-SNMP, enabling SNMP management to the Apache server.