apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Is --enable-utf8 working everywhere?
Date Wed, 17 Jul 2002 04:20:50 GMT
At 10:57 PM 7/16/2002, =?UTF-8?B?QnJhbmtvIMSMaWJlag==?= wrote:
BTW; I just noticed that the apr_filepath_* functions on Windows can
potentially fail horribly if the paths are not UTF-8 (so, not
IF_WIN_OS_IS_UNICODE) and the locale uses Shift-JIS, because '\' can be the
second byte in a SJIS doublebyte char. Talk about fun.

That's exactly correct.  apr on win32 is a utf8 only filesystem.

It was the only natural way to map the entire unicode filesystem
into apr, in a platform-neutral way.

If you have a non-utf8 name to work with, apr_xlate it (after we've finished
up this iconv work.)

Bill