apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Is --enable-utf8 working everywhere?
Date Wed, 17 Jul 2002 04:17:27 GMT
At 10:42 PM 7/16/2002, =?UTF-8?B?QnJhbmtvIMSMaWJlag==?= wrote:
>William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
>I'm 100% behind requiring win32 users to download apr-iconv as part
>>of their apr build.  Be done with the custom tweakish build stuff already,
>>this is 2002.  We need xlate :-)
>
>I dunno. You can use apr without apr-util; you should be able to use it
>without apr-iconv, too. And use apr-iconv without apr-util. And apr-util
>without apr-iconv (apr_md5 can work without iconv, after all).

Seriously?  Nah.

If a win32 user wants to build apr-util, let them build apr-iconv in with it.

You are only asking for a STUB, right?  Doesn't have to do anything?

So if we have the base libapriconv.dll working tommorow, you are happy?
No codepages need be loaded for your alpha 1?  Nobody seriously expected
Win32 to users to have iconv.dll installed on their PC?

Bill