apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: more notes on the apr_time_t issue
Date Sat, 13 Jul 2002 06:24:53 GMT
At 12:55 AM 7/13/2002, Aaron Bannert wrote:
>On Fri, Jul 12, 2002 at 10:44:33PM -0700, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> > As Roy pointed out, this is partial hiding.  I'm now of the mind
> > that it should be a full ADT under an abstract type.

A full ADT cannot be allocated on the stack... you don't know the
size.  You will need real functions apr_time_make() to actually
do pool allocations.

Otherwise you are kidding yourself that this is really opaque.

The other option is a transparent struct with one int64 member,
but I really suspect we are digging into the overkill territory here.