apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Binary borkedness and memchr/strncasecmp
Date Mon, 08 Jul 2002 19:35:02 GMT
If autoconf fails to pick up memchr or strncasecmp, we build those fn's
into libapr.

Unfortunately, if using a dynamic clib, and later upgrading the clib or
moving those binaries on another machine with memchr or strncasecmp
in the clib, you will blow up from multiple symbols when loading the app.

Can we please use apr_memchr and apr_strncasecmp?  I don't mind
if we #define to the platform fn's, and blow up when downgrading the
clib or moving to an older machine without those functions.

Bill