apr-dev mailing list archives

From Harrie Hazewinkel <har...@lisanza.net>
Subject Re: AF_UNIX sockets in APR...
Date Wed, 31 Jul 2002 07:14:18 GMT

--On Tuesday, July 30, 2002 5:50 PM -0700 Pier Fumagalli
<pier@betaversion.org> wrote:

> While at OSCON, I chatted about having AF_UNIX support in APR with a bunch
> of you, and I didn't hear any negative opinion from anyone...
>
> This would be so great for me, as it would ease my work with Java, in
> having a generic IO layer a little bit better than the current Java.IO
> and with an extensive support for all kinds of sockets...
>
> Are there strong feelings against it? Thanks...

All I would add is yes. +1 for adding this. I already asked/mentioned
this to some APR developers over a year ago. :-))

Harrie

Internet Management Consulting
mailto: harrie@lisanza.net                   http://www.lisanza.net/
Author of MOD-SNMP, enabling SNMP management the Apache HTTP server