apr-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Pane <bri...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [design] work around new apr_poll leakage?
Date Tue, 23 Jul 2002 00:28:06 GMT
Sander Striker wrote:

>I'd like to keep the current code and see the mem leak fixed.  That should
>for the moment suffice.  For large pollsets a workable solution was provided,
>making the veto against the current code even harder to grok.

Which solution was the workable one for large pollsets?  If you mean
the malloc solution, I beg to differ. :-)

What do you think of splitting it into two APIs?  I agree that the
current API is okay for small descriptor sets--if only we could
limit its use to cases where the number of descriptors really is
small.  One of my messages from yesterday has more details on this
idea, http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=apr-dev&m=102731606500897

--Brian