apr-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Pane <bri...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [design] work around new apr_poll leakage?
Date Mon, 22 Jul 2002 15:07:05 GMT
Ryan Bloom wrote:

>>The current API has a memory leak that makes it unsuitable for
>>general-purpose use (including the httpd).  That's why I vetoed it.
>Thatis just BS.  This conversation started today with a solution to the
>memory leak.

The conversation started with the showstopper in the httpd STATUS.
My veto from three days ago still stands:
I'm happy to see the increased discussion of potential fixes, but that
discussion alone doesn't resolve the veto.  The only two ways to resolve
the veto are to: remove the new poll code, or replace it with a variant
that doesn't have the memory leak and O(n) scalability problem.

View raw message