apr-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Pane <bri...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [design] work around new apr_poll leakage?
Date Mon, 22 Jul 2002 04:34:19 GMT
Ryan Bloom wrote:

>Congratulations.  You have just designed the interface that was removed
>two weeks ago.   :-(

Exactly.  The old API had the right design: an abstract poll object with
accessor functions, so that the poll wrapper can run in O(1) time.  The
new implementation results in an O(n) time wrapper (due to the need to
copy n pollfd objects on every poll call), not to mention the memory leak.

>BTW, that interface was removed because it was too bulky and complex and
>too slow.

Please go ahead and revert the new implementation.  If we need to tune the
old implementation, let's do that.

Thanks,
--Brian