apr-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Bray <tb...@textuality.com>
Subject Hehe, sure is a lot of code now
Date Sat, 20 Jul 2002 20:45:50 GMT
I run an old linux box in my basement that firewalls the ADSL & runs the
house network & has an apache for some very low volume family domains.
I got a ton of virtual hosts set up and the apache that came with the
SuSe of late 2000 was getting weird and messing up the vhosts and
probably is a security risk, so I grabbed 2.0.39 today and got it going.

What's amusing is, this is an old P100 (no, that's not a typo).  Type
./configure --prefix whatever and go for a coffee.  Then type make and
go for lunch and a shower.  I swear between apr and apr-util and httpd
it must have spent a solid minute just on the iconv guesswork in
configure.  Mind you, the box *runs* 2.0.39 just fine.  Snicker.  I
wonder if I now have the record for the oldest/slowest computer ever to
build apache2. -Tim