apr-dev mailing list archives

From Branko ─îibej <br...@xbc.nu>
Subject Re: Okay, two questions for Bill Rowe
Date Thu, 18 Jul 2002 21:23:20 GMT
William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

>>    - What's status on the move of apr_xlate* to apr-util?
>

> Finished, with the exception of the APR_CHECK_ICONV_INBUF
> m4 macro that tests for the iconv prototype differences, and one
> more hack to use our apr_* namespace protected entry points
> from xlate.c if APR_HAS_APR_ICONV is toggled.  We also need
> that symbol set up in apu or apu_private.
>
> The first macro sticks the #define APR_ICONV_INBUF_CONST 1
> into apr_private.h which we don't see inside of apu_private.h, so
> we can't pick it up inside of apr-util/xlate/xlate.c.
>
> If someone who groks m4 much better than I would get this inserted
> into apu_private.h from apu_private.h.in ... we would be done with the
> new unix / using installed xlate problems.

Can you try the attached patch? It moves libiconv detection from APR to
APR-util, and tweaks things so that APR_ICONV_INBUF_CONST appears in
apu_config.h. I left the APR_CHECK_ICONV_INBUF macro in apr_common.m4,
but that could be moved to the new apu-iconv.m4 (and renamed to
APU_CHJECK_ICONV_INBUF) later.

I don't know what to do about apr_hints.m4, which sets teh value of
APR_ICONV_INBUF_CONST on AIX and Solaris. I don't want to include it in
APR-util's configure.

I don't have a Unix machine handy, unfortunately, so I can't test this
right now.

--
Brane ─îibej   <brane@xbc.nu>   http://www.xbc.nu/brane/